On Tuesday, in preparation for the students’ final projects and presentations, we took a look at some ideas and inspiration: how have other people used maps creatively to tell stories or imagine the world in new ways? What resources are available for them?
In groups, they took a look at their assigned project and then presented it to the class. Here were the links we looked at:
- Bettin Matzkuhn’s embroidered maps
- What did the earth look like millions of years ago?
- Cornell persuasive maps collection
- Medieval fantasy city generator
- Past Ottawa
- Childhood Memory Mapping project
- Native Land